Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Trip to Korean Village

Do you have a craving for Korean specialties? Well, I've just got the restaurant! My favorite Korean restaurant of all time: Korean Village. I've been eating in this restaurant since elementary school. Can you believe it? No wonder it became my favorite place to chill out. Over the years, they moved to a different location. (Imagine my family tracking down their new address just to continually eat at this restaurant. Totally our favorite restaurant!!) They are now located at 566 J. Nakpil Street Malate, Manila. telephone # 522-1902 They are closed on Mondays. The food is really good as well as the service. And to top it all it's not expensive. Their prices are very reasonable. The place also gives off a cozy feel.
 
The best about this place are their appetizers. It's delicious and FREE!! (as well as their cold teas) My favorite would be the anchovies, beansprouts and the egg. Very yummy!!!!
Pork and Chicken Barbecue (uncooked) We ordered them as it is because we like to cook. It's a lot of fun cooking with your family (Especially with your friends. Your friends will surely enjoy this kind of bonding and experience.) This dish is a favorite of mine because it's sweet and tender. 
 California Maki The taste of this maki is okay for me. Personally, I think this dish lacks mayonnaise.
Beef Stew (right) and Barbecue Spareribs (left)  I recommend their beef stew. It's very tasty and sweet. It's really a dish worth remembering. The Barbecue Spareribs are also good but a bit hard though.
Bibimbap And last but not the least, our favorite Bibimbap. One of the most famous Korean dishes. This dish is served along with Miso soup. The red hot paste is separated from the bowl so you could control on the spicyness. We ordered 2 of these.
At the end, they served us with FREE desserts. Healthy fresh pineapples!!! It's very sweet and juicy. Pineapples aside, we ordered 2 of their ice creams. 
Both ice creams are delicious but I prefer the one with the pinipig. The ice cream sandwich is also good but the outer biscuit is rather soft for my taste. 
All of their dishes are priced under P500. No service charge is included so please give them tips for their wonderful service. I would also recommend their Shrimp Tempura, Fish Tempura and Sukiyaki. This restaurant has not only given me delicious food but also a wonderful time (and a BIG tummy. Haha!!)


Ciao for now!! ~ Jiji ^^

No comments: